Hello There! Happy Wednesday! It’s been a dreary, rainy, cold Fall day in these parts and that only means one thing, DO NOT DRIVE ON THE 405 HIGHWAY. It also means time for hot cocoa, soup, or a good crock-pot meal. But I didn’t make of those today, sorry. Nope, I made you probably one of my best salads creations of all time! I hope soon all will be forgiven.
This is one of those recipes I have dreamed of making for a while, and today things finally fell into place.
Fell into place meaning I had leftover bell peppers (rarely to never happens), parsley (a rare to never buy), and salami (special occasion guilty pleasure) in my fridge at the same time.
I wanted to take pictures of the salami but it looked so suggestive sitting there I had to hold it up for you to see the cool strings. Still looks pretty suggestive. Sorry!
Everything salad size diced and tossed over some course bulgar with a drizzle of lemon. Seriously this ridiculously delicious salad was uber easy to make, took about 30 minutes and can be eaten hot, warm or cold. Beat that crock-pot!
As always feel free to substitute, instead of the bell peppers use celery or something else with crunch, don’t like raw onion, try rubbing them with salt and rinsing to take the bite off, don’t have lemons, use limes. But if you haven’t given bulgar a try, you must, it’s the next best thing since coconut water!
Let me know what you think!
mediterranean bulgar salad
makes 4-6 servings
2 c. uncooked bulgar (cooked according to this recipe, or like you cook rice)
1 c. red onions, diced
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
4 oz. salami, cubed
1 c. red/yellow bell pepper, diced
3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
1. Make bulgar using this recipe.
2. While it’s cooking dice onions, peppers, and salami. Chop parsley.
3. Once the bulgar is cooked, transfer to serving dish and add toppings, crumble in feta and stir.
4. Squeeze lemon over salad and serve.
- California Summer Quinoa Salad (thetalkingkitchen.com)
- Summer Lentil Salad (thetalkingkitchen.com)
- Healthy Recipe: Mediterranean Salad With Chickpea Patties (fitsugar.com)
- 5 Grains You Should Be Cooking With (fitsugar.com)