my best friend from college just came into town.
i worked this morning then had to take a quiz.
went to Starbucks, downed my grande Americano, hopefully aced my quiz.
made it out in time to give my car a much needed wipe down and Starbucks cup removal.
and in time to leave my keys in the front seat.
and shut the door.
it was locked by the way.
one expired Georgia AAA card plus one new southern California AAA card equals 8 more free AAA bailouts this year plus one irritated gal.
cook after all this??
luckily i had left over brown rice and a few precut veggies.
and then i had this:
i was in a hurry (hence the lack of pics) and wouldn’t you know it, this came to in 20 mins flat. i guess friday is on my side. 🙂
cause this was dank.
i will NEVER eat fried rice out again. SERIOUSLY.
And try not to lock your keys in the car. It’s a real hassle.
Happy Friday (Night!)
perfect brown fried rice
makes 4-6 servings
2 cups brown rice cooked perfectly (here’s how)
1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 carrots, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 c. frozen peas
1-2 Tbsp oyster sauce (you can always add more, so start with 1 Tbsp)
3 green onions, chopped
1. Heat oil on med-high, fry rice.
2. Move everything over to one side and saute onions, carrots, and celery in a bit more oil.
3. Mix everything together. Move it over and add the egg. Mix together.
4. Add the peas and half of the green onions.
5. Lower heat and add the oyster sauce. Mix thoroughly.
6. Serve with a garnish of green onions and chives.